Terms and conditions of use
Date last modified: 12 - 03 - 2021
Pursuant to Spanish Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on Services of the Information Society and e-Commerce (LSSI), you are hereby informed that the owner of this website at www.eyescreening.eu (hereinafter, the “Website”) is EDRYX HEALTHCARE, (hereinafter, “EDRYX”), the identification details of which are as follows:
- Company name: EDRYX HEALTHCARE, S.L.
- Registered address: Calle dels Arbres nº1, 4ª planta, 08912 Badalona (Barcelona)
- CIF [Spanish Tax Code]: B67357632
- Register details: Edryx Healthcare, S.L., RMB. Volume 46,712, Folio 48, Sheet B-528,491, NIF [Spanish Tax Code] B-67357632
- If you wish to contact us, you may do so at any time via our Contact Us section or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
You are hereby informed that the purpose of this Website is to serve as a source of information and assistance for persons who may be suffering from eye diseases. To that end, the Website has various sections in which to search for information about eye diseases and advice aimed at improving eye health, as well as to help the possible early detection of diseases related to vision health. For the latter, the Website includes a platform to help reveal possible problems related to eye health and, where appropriate, offer the chance to visit a quality specialist in order for them to perform a complete medical diagnosis.
This legal text seeks to inform you about all the regulations that govern the Website, as well as the requirements and conditions you must meet to enable registration on the Website and use its services.
- User-Patient: Visitors who decide to register in order to access the detection and evaluation services and information made available on the Website. To do so, Users must provide the information listed in the “PATIENTS” area and complete the tests and/or questions asked of them about their eye health.
- User-Doctor: Visitors to the Website who decide to offer themselves as specialised doctors to provide medical advice in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Use to User-Patients who so choose. To do so, Users must provide identification details and information on the accreditation of their professional activity, as well as pass the review and validation process.
- In an optional first stage of the registration process, the data subject provides information about their e-mail address in order to fully register at a later date.
- In a second compulsory stage, the data subject must provide identification information and accreditation of their professional activity.
- In a third stage, EDRYX will assess the information and documentation provided in order to check the validity of the data provided as well as compliance with the Terms and Conditions of the Platform.
- In a fourth stage, the registration process will be completed by informing the user and providing them with access to the functions inherent to their role of User-Doctor.
- Before the start of a medical visit requested by the User-Patient, the User-Doctor must introduce themselves and provide information on at least their field of speciality, their official association membership number and location where they provide their services as a professional doctor.
- All comments and notes about the visit sent to the User-Patient and included on the Website must take place with the utmost professional rigour and without including expressions or remarks unrelated to said arrangements.
- To provide truthful and accurate information about the data requested in the various forms whenever making use of the Website and to keep said data up-to-date;
- To refrain from engaging in unlawful or illegal activities, or activities contrary to good faith and public order;
- To refrain from spreading content or propaganda of a racist, xenophobic or discriminatory nature on grounds of race, gender, ideology or religion, or content that in any way breaches morality, public order, fundamental rights, public liberties, the honour, privacy or image of third parties or, in general, current legislation;
- To refrain from causing damage to the physical and logical systems of the Website, the suppliers of EDRYX or third parties, or introducing or spreading on the network computer viruses or any other physical or logical systems capable of causing the aforementioned damages;
- To refrain from using the Website content or information obtained via the website to send advertising or messages for any other commercial purpose, or to collect or store the personal data of third parties;
- To refrain from attempting to gain access to and, where appropriate, using the e-mail accounts of other users and modifying or manipulating their messages.
1. Condition of Visitor/User
Accessing, using and browsing the Website, as well as all its sub-domains and/or directories, is governed by this Legal Notice and Terms and Conditions of Use. By accessing the Website, you are assigned the condition of Visitor and you undertake to fully comply with all terms and conditions described herein.
Furthermore, the Website offers you the chance to register, and access information and reserved areas within the Website. Those Visitors who register on the Website will be considered as Users hereof and may occupy one of two roles:
1.2. Activities to be performed on the Website
As Visitor, you will have access to the various informative content on the Website, as well as the option to begin the procedure for registering on the Website. In this regard, please remember that there are two types of profile for registering: User-Patient or User-Doctor.
Below is a description of each one of these profiles:
A User-Patient is a user who has access to the various technological tools offered on the Website, such as the screening test and the location of a User-Doctor (expert ophthalmologist registered on the platform) with whom to arrange a face-to-face visit or engage in an online consultation using a proprietary telemedicine system.
Any individual who correctly fills in all the required fields in the registration process can gain User-Patient status.
Once registered, the User will have access to said technological tools, as well as to their user profile containing all their personal details and information about their eye health stemming from use of the platform. All those User-Doctors granted direct permission by the User-Patient will be able to access this information. The user profile that can be accessed as a Website User will also provide information on issues relating to user profile deletion.
A User-Doctor is a medical professional who registers on the Website to offer their telemedicine services and/or provide their contact information for arranging face-to-face medical consultations.
This condition will be assigned to all individuals who reside in any of the Member States of the European Union (registration will not be permitted to users from other territories), are approved to practise as a medical ophthalmology professional in their country of residence, provides a document accrediting their possession of civil liability insurance to cover their professional activity and accepts a declaration of liability related to being certified to provide their activity on the Website.
To accredit compliance with said requirements, the Website has activated a registration system that may be divided into a maximum of four stages:
It is important to note that all the information about the User-Doctor will be made available to all User-Patients, disclosing such details as their photograph, name and surname, speciality, official association membership number, clinic location and languages spoken.
Finally, please note that EDRYX imposes a series of rules on you regarding relations with the User-Patients, which you will need to follow at all times. These rules will be displayed in detail during the registration process and relate to the following:
The user profile that can be accessed as a Website User will also provide information on issues relating to user profile deletion.
1.3. Use of the Website
The Visitors and Users of the Website undertake to make proper use of the Website content in accordance with the following obligations:
EDRYX reserves the right to make any changes deemed necessary to its Website without prior notice, including the amendment, deletion or addition of both content and services provided via the Website and in the manner in which the same are presented or organised on the Website.
We therefore recommend that the User regularly reviews this Legal Notice and all other information on the Website. In this regard, EDRYX will indicate the date on which these legal texts enter into force.
1.4.1. Liability stemming from use of the Website:
The User is solely liable for any offences they may commit and any damages they may cause by using the Website, and EDRYX is exempt from any liability that may stem from the actions taken by the user.
EDRYX will make every reasonable effort and allocate all reasonable resources to providing up-to-date and reliable information on the Website. Nonetheless, EDRYX makes no guarantee whatsoever regarding the lack of mistakes or possible inaccuracies and/or omissions in any of the content accessible via this Website.
The user is solely liable for any grievance or legal action brought, through judicial or extra-judicial proceedings, by third parties against EDRYX regarding use of the Website by the user. As the case may be, the user will assume all expenses, costs and compensation that EDRYX may be required to pay out as a result of such complaints or legal action.
1.4.2. Liability for operation of the Website:
EDRYX excludes all liability that may stem from interference, omission, interruption, computer virus, telephony fault or discontinuity in the operational nature of the electronic system.
Furthermore, it also excludes all liability that may stem from delays or freezes in the operational nature of this electronic system caused by shortcomings or overloads on telephone lines or the Internet, as well as damages caused by third parties through illegal trespass beyond the control of EDRYX. EDRYX may, temporarily and without prior notice, suspend accessibility to the Website for operational reasons related to maintenance, repair, updates or improvement.
1.4.3. Liability for content:
Except under those circumstances where it is required to do so by law, EDRYX accepts no liability for any damages that may be incurred through the use, reproduction, distribution or public communication or any kind of activity undertaken on the texts and/or photographs protected by intellectual property rights held by third parties when the user has not previously obtained the necessary prior authorisation from the owners thereof for the activity being undertaken or intended to be undertaken.
Furthermore, EDRYX accepts no liability for the information sent by the user when it has no effective knowledge that the information stored is unlawful or that it harms the assets or rights of a third party with entitlement to compensation. As soon as EDRYX becomes effectively aware that it is storing data of the aforementioned nature, it undertakes to make prompt efforts to remove or prevent access to the same.
At any event, any complaint related to the content included in any section of this Website can be made by contacting EDRYX via the contact addresses indicated on this Website.
1.5. Third-party Links
Linking website: Those third parties with the intention to include a link to this Website on their own website must comply with current legislation and may not house inappropriate and/or unlawful content. Under no circumstances does EDRYX accept any liability whatsoever for the content of third-party websites, nor does it promote, guarantee, monitor or recommend the content thereof. In the event that the linking website fails to comply with any of the above, it will be required to remove the link immediately.
Linked website: This Website may include links to third-party websites that the User may access. However, EDRYX accepts no liability whatsoever for the content of said linked websites but rather the User will be responsible for accepting and checking such access on each occasion. This Legal Notice solely refers to this Website and content from EDRYX, and does not apply to the links or websites of third parties accessible via the Website.
Furthermore, it is important to stress that the Website has a Google Maps API installed aimed at making it easier for the User-Patient to find the location of User-Doctors or medical centres near to their location by displaying the Google Maps platform. To that end, and provided that their browser is not already configured to do so, the User-Patient must activate geopositioning in their Internet browser (a step that will be asked of them by the API itself). Otherwise, in the event that the User-Patient decides not to activate geopositioning, the API would not have enough information and would not show the results based on the user location data.
In this regard, EDRYX has no access at any time to the user location data. The only information it receives is of a mainly technical nature (whether the user has accepted, rejected or ignored the browser geopositioning request) necessary for launching various technical processes on the platform. However, and for the purposes of transparency with the User, it has been decided to include a notification when requesting acceptance of permissions to inform the User about the reasons for geopositioning and how to activate/deactivate said configuration on their browser.
1.6. Intellectual and Industrial Property Rights over the Content
Unless indicated otherwise, all content on the Website is exclusively owned by EDRYX or EDRYX holds all the necessary usage rights. Said content includes but is not limited to the following: graphic design, source code, logos, texts, graphics, illustrations, photographs and other elements appearing on the Website. Similarly, all the trading names, trademarks or hallmarks of any nature contained on the Website are protected by law.
Unless specifically agreed otherwise, EDRYX grants no licence or authorisation for personal use whatsoever to the user regarding its intellectual and industrial property rights or any other right related to its Website and the services offered therein.
Hence, the User recognises that the reproduction, distribution, commercialisation, transformation, and, in general, any other form of use of all or part of this Website constitutes a breach of intellectual and/or industrial property rights held by EDRYX or the holder thereof.
EDRYX accepts no liability for any mistake, inaccuracy or irregularity that may be included in the advertising content from sponsors. At any event, any complaint related to the advertising content inserted on this Website can be made by contacting EDRYX via the channels indicated above.
1.8. Personal Data Processing and Cookies
In the same regard, we recommend that you read the Cookies Policy of the Website to learn about the data processing that EDRYX may undertake with regard to data storage and recovery devices, such as cookies.
1.9. Applicable Legislation
The Legal Notice will be governed by and interpreted under the legislation of Spain.
All disputes resulting from access to the Website will be resolved by the courts and tribunals corresponding to the domicile of the User.
EDRYX will prosecute any failure to comply with this Legal Notice, as well as any improper use of the Website, by taking all civil and criminal action to which it may be legally entitled.
1.10. Contact Us
If you have any questions or queries related to this Legal Notice, you may contact us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com